For Week Ending January 9, 2021
The Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) latest Forbearance and Call Volume Survey reported that 5.53% of mortgage loans remained in forbearance as of December 27, 2020. While the forbearance rate is down significantly from its highest levels in 2020, the MBA estimates the current rate represents 2.7 million homeowners currently in forbearance plans.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 9:
- New Listings decreased 8.3% to 927
- Pending Sales increased 1.3% to 636
- Inventory decreased 39.8% to 5,098
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 10.0% to $307,000
- Days on Market decreased 30.4% to 39
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 2.5% to 99.7%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 47.1% to 0.9
All comparisons are to 2020
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.