For Week Ending August 21, 2021
With the last days of summer on the horizon, experts are expecting an unusually busy fall market, as sellers continue putting more homes on the market, hoping to take advantage of record-high sales prices and strong buyer demand. The National Association of REALTORS® reports the median existing home price was up 17.8% year-over-year, and new listings were up 7.3% in July compared to June, defying seasonality trends typically seen in the fall.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 21:
- New Listings decreased 5.0% to 1,757
- Pending Sales decreased 11.0% to 1,454
- Inventory decreased 19.5% to 7,906
For the month of July:
- Median Sales Price increased 11.9% to $350,000
- Days on Market decreased 53.7% to 19
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 3.5% to 103.6%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 30.0% to 1.4
All comparisons are to 2020
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.